fish and turtles and crocs, oh my!
(and i don't mean the shoes)
look at what sharp teeth you have!
girl power: mommy and her bestest friend in the whole world,
auntie becky, with daughter victoria
well... i guess if our mommies are friends...
you're pretty cool too
someone is refusing to nap today, courtesy the booming thunder outside; good thing daddy's around to help entertain her while i work. looks like i'll be headed back into the office soon for a few hours each week. business dress in the humid heat of summer, how peachy. sigh.
life's gotten too busy lately for a proper post, so here are a few tidbits to tide you over...
- i think we've started to hit emmy's "word explosion" in the past week or two. she's suddenly repeating multiple words at a time and stringing 2 to 3 words together to talk to us. right now, as she's tossing around in her crib, i've been listening to her practice many words like her fave "mommy up." she's picked up "blue is the sky" from a rocknoceros tune, plenty of useful phrases like "daddy come home," and has even invented a funny new game to play with us!
emmy: "know what?"
and on and on... really, it's loads of fun, even on the 632nd time of the day.
- emmy's loving the "happy birthday" song right now. however, she insists that you fill in the name with "robbie" about 95% of the time, and will occasionally let you slip in "allie" or "andrew." we've tried to show her that it can be anybody's birthday, but apparently our friend robbie's first birthday overshadows all others. (or does she have a thing for cute little hapa boys? heeheehee, one can hope!)
- emmy's so wonderfully korean when it comes to eating! she can't gobble down the chapchae and kong namul fast enough, and will literally try to self-serve from all the little panchan dishes. but the best part? i frequently give her rice rolled up in those flavored nori sheets. last weekend, she decided to take a lettuce leaf, carefully place it on her tray, methodically fill it with rice, roll it up, and toss it back! i never knew that the art of ssang-chu was so innate!
on a similar note, she really likes cinnamon shikhye (cold, malted rice punch). while the regular stuff is okay, i think the cinnamon variant is a horrible ending to a lovely meal - it reminds me of christmas potpourri! at least i know where my serving will go from now on...
- for all you northern virginia locals, the washington post had a great article about some local playground gems today. we decided to check out discovery park in sterling this morning and loved it for the 45 minutes or so that we could stand the heat. it doesn't have the wow factor of clemyjontri, but it's still a cool, more cozy alternative.
- i'm off to work on the. baby. book. yup, emmy's over 19 months old and silly ol' mom has been VERY delinquent with this project. my goal is to have her first year scrapped over the next 2 months, while blair's around to give me the occasional bit of free time. i hope i'm not the only slacker out there... i feel like if i don't do it right this minute, it will never, ever get done. at this rate, any and all future kids will be lucky if i manage to remember their birthdate(s).
- when i tire of the book, i'll just go slink away to the tv and immerse myself in my lovely sam-soon, the bridget jones of seoul. while i can't believe i've gotten sucked into this cheesy soap opera, i love the fact that a non-korean-speaking hapa actor, daniel henney, has risen to fame from it. wonder when that will happen to me... lol.
these are beeeyoootiful
thanks for sharing, mama-ga
sitting in the tree that mommy used to climb
and now back to my plans of world domination
with much love,
your adoring fans
welcome back, my friends!
check out a day in the life of... me!
i'm trying to eat better and watch my girlish figure
so let's check out the farmer's market
look at me, i'm a strong woman! i do all my own plowing
hmm, how did this get in here?
picnic, rice-cake style
after all that work in the fields, time to cool off
and yes, that's another rice cake... mmmm
some days, i work on my dance routine instead
(shhh, i'll be in timbaland's next video - but really, who isn't?)
who needs a pole when you've got a hoop?
at the end of the day, i just like to kick back with my peeps and go for a little drive
where's my cristal, ma?
we're halfway through the week... hope your's is going well!
...we're catching up on our sleep...
the mister, tot-tator and i just got back from a last-minute trip to see my folks. since we don't see them too often, we try to reserve lots and lots of time for open emmy playtime. with the 90 degree temperatures for half the visit, it was pretty easy to opt for staying in with "mama-ga" and "gam-pa-ga." and while it was super nice to have delicious home-cooked meals and no chores to do, it's nice to be home again too.
lots more photos and tales on the way... once the laundry is done and we're unpacked.